Thursday, June 8, 2017

I’m not in APC to fight Kwankwaso — Ex-commissioner

A former commissioner in Kano State, Alhaji Musa Iliyasu Kwankwaso, has said that he did not join the All Progressives Congress (APC) to fight his cousin, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso.
Iliyasu Kwankwaso was the Commissioner for Rural and Community Development under Governor Ibrahim Shekarau.
He was, last Friday, formally received into the APC from the PDP in Madobi town in Madobi Local Government Area of Kano State.
Speaking with Daily Trust, Kwankwaso said contrary to speculations, he joined the APC to assist the incumbent governor in steering the affairs of the state.
“But in the event that my cousin, Senator Kwankwaso, dares Ganduje or the APC chairman in the state, Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas, I would definitely fight him.
“If Kwankwaso accepts the fact that Ganduje is a leader in Kano and Abdullahi Abbas is our party chairman, fine, but if he dares these two gentlemen, then I will certainly fight him. I want to state categorically that I have nothing against Kwankwaso and if today, our Governor, Ganduje, will direct me to campaign for Kwankwaso, I will definitely do it because I have nothing against him,” he said.
He also said he had no problem with his former boss, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, who is still in the PDP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment